OGEECHEE RIVERKEEPER HOSTS SECOND ANNUAL NEWS & VIEWS–CASUAL SOCIAL EVENT TUESDAY APRIL 5TH 5:30-7:30PM IN RICHMOND HILL RICHMOND HILL, GA – March 17, 2016...
Community-Based Learning Program
- Develop and curate The Ogeechee River Special Collection in partnership with Georgia Southern University’s Zach S. Henderson Library & Museum
- Recruit and train local volunteer monitors through the Watershed Watch Program’s Adopt-A-Stream workshops
- Build and maintain partnerships with watershed K-12 schools to develop lesson plans, curriculum, and service learning opportunities
- Organize paddle trips and hikes with naturalists, scientists, and historians
- Partner with watershed communities to organize local clean-ups of stream banks, public landings, road ways, etc.
- Organize advocacy training programs for local communities
- Collaborate with creative artists on educational and outreach programs
- Host college interns and fellows
14.032016April 26, 2016
28.092015April 27, 2016