Each year, Ogeechee Riverkeeper solicits the best photographs from the watershed. Judges look for images that highlight what makes the Ogeechee and Canoochee Rivers, and the surrounding areas, special.
- Photograph(s) entered must have been taken within the same calendar year as the contest.
- Photograph(s) entered must have been taken within the Ogeechee River Watershed.
- Entrants warrant that all laws and ordinances were complied with in order to capture photograph(s).
- Entrants may submit up to a total of 3 photographs for consideration. They can be in one category or distributed among multiple categories. Each image can appear in one category only.
- Entrants grant permission for their images to be used, with credit, by Ogeechee Riverkeeper and any outlets that may be promoting or covering the contest. Images with people must include a signed release from those pictured.
- Judges reserve the right to not award winners in any category should no suitable entries be made, or recategorize an image if needed.
- Wildlife (mammal, bird, insect, reptile, etc.)
- Plant life
- Black and white
- Funny wildlife (examples)
- Entries should be made via e-mail to email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. EST, November 5, 2021.
- Filenames should include the image name, entrant name and category. i.e. – WoodstorkNestJohnSmithWildlife.jpg
- Entrants should include their name, address, phone number and email address in the body of their email. They should also include the location(s) of the photographs.
- By submitting images, entrants warrant they have abided by the rules as stated above.
Winners will be announced the first week of December, 2021 via this website and on social media. Winners in each category will receive a one-year membership and their choice of official ORK merch.