Ogeechee Riverkeeper offers ongoing educational resources, free to use, for parents, teachers, and curious students. Education and Outreach Coordinator Melanie Sparrow is a Certified Project Wet/Wild/Learning Tree Educator.
- March 14, 2021Do you want to learn about birds but don’t know where to start? Do you often see or hear birds but don’t know how to identify them? Are you looking for a safe, different outdoor activity? Check out this guide to birding basics.
- January 31, 2021Enjoy a gentle flow style yoga class with a watershed ecology theme alongside Melanie, our education & outreach coordinator.
- January 8, 2021Do you find it hard to make and keep New Year’s resolutions? Try setting a “seasonal intention” instead! Use your creativity and science skills to come up with ways you can help the environment.
- October 17, 2020These writers turned to the outdoors for poetic inspiration. Read the winners from our first ORK poetry contest.
- July 1, 2020A watershed is a system of how water flows through an area moving sediment, water and dissolved materials into a common point. Submit your trivia answers to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31.
- April 30, 2020The seedling activity is open to all ages and is suitable for homeschool activity for K-12 using Georgia Performance Standards/Standards of Excellence with science, earth systems and meteorology.
- April 16, 2020Create your own watershed. Activity is open to all ages and is suitable for homeschool activity for 3-6th graders using Georgia Performance Standards/Standards or Excellence with vocabulary, science and art.