A watershed is a system of how water flows through an area moving sediment, water and dissolved materials into a common point. Think of how a river or creek flows into or out of a lake. The Ogeechee Watershed (see map) has many types of ecosystems within it including freshwater from the Piedmont region, to blackwater rivers and swamps in the Coastal Plain region and runs all the way to the Georgia coast.
Description of Activity:
Submit your trivia answers to email@example.com by July 31. We’ll send a free t-shirt for the first one to get all answers correct. Although it is tempting, try not to go straight to Google for answers. Go outside, and look for the answers. Use books and maps rather than the internet for your research, if possible.
- How many watersheds does GA have? Bonus: Name 3.
- How many major river basins does GA have? Bonus: Name 2.
- What are the 5 geographic regions of GA?
- Name two creeks in your watershed.
- What is the biggest city in your watershed?
- Name three animals that live in the Ogeechee River watershed.
- Name one rare plant that lives in, but is not limited to, the Ogeechee River watershed.
- How many people does the Ogeechee River basin provide drinking water for?
- Name as many state parks as you can that are located in the Ogeechee River watershed.
- What is an aquifer?